Volunteer at MHAP
The program has clinical oversight provided by Steve Macuk, Phd and Sherwin Cotler, PhD.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Mental Health Access Program. Volunteering is a fun and rewarding experience, but it requires a commitment.
Patients, staff, and other volunteers are relying on you.
All volunteers are expected to abide by the following. Please review these points carefully prior to your volunteer work and ask any questions you may have.
To volunteer with the program, please complete the following forms and fax them to the Mental Health Access Program Coordinator at (360)
Application and Agreement - clinical
Pledge Form - clinical
As a volunteer at the Mental Health Access Program I agree to:
The Mental Health Access Program agrees to:
- Report for shifts at the scheduled time.
- Notify MHAP staff at least one week in advance for any cancellations or changes to my volunteer schedule. (Sudden illnesses and family emergencies are understandable; please notify the clinic as soon as you get a chance.)
- Comply with the MHAP’s policies, programs, and objectives.
- Respect all MHAP staff and fellow volunteers.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality in regard to personal and medical information of patients of the MHAP.
- Provide services with courtesy and respect to all patients.
- Report any incidents, concerns, or disputes to the proper staff member(s).
- Provide orientation, training and support to all new volunteers.
- Respect, support, and recognize efforts of all volunteers.