ABCD is a preventative early childhood dental program serving children between the ages of 0 and 6 with Apple Health (Medicaid) as their primary insurance.
Enrolling in ABCD:
- Know your child’s Provider One number and your appointment availability.
- Call 360-539-7576 ext. 103, or complete the Patient Registration Form.
- Your child will be enrolled right over the phone and the first dental appointment will be scheduled for you!
Become an ABCD Provider:
- Become a Medicaid provider.
- Attend an ABCD training. A trainer may be available to come to your own practice.
- The University of Washington, the Health Care Authority, and the local ABCD office will then issue your certification.
Refer clients to ABCD:
- Hand out our program information to families so they can contact us.
- Submit a referral form to us and we will contact your clients.
The Access to Baby and Child Dentistry program — ABCD — puts young children on a lifelong path to good oral health. ABCD connects low-income families with dentists who know how to care for young kids, preventing tooth decay early and educating parents about how to take good care of their children’s teeth.
Katrin Palmer, the ABCD Coordinator for Thurston and Lewis counties, enrolls children into the program by connecting Apple Health-covered children to a dentist, providing oral health education, and assists in appointment scheduling. Some of her success in connecting with families comes from outreach events and making direct contact with families who have been referred from primary care providers and community partners. She is also active in both the Lewis and the Mason-Thurston County Oral Health Coalitions to help further improve the oral health care and access in the area. Contact Katrin at 360-539-7576 Ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Katrin’s office hours are 8:00AM–1:00PM, Monday–Thursday.