A few bullet points regarding Appendix K of the Medicaid Transformation Measurement Guide:
- P4R metrics only pertain to project areas 2A and 3A. Clinic/Practice sites and CBO’s should be the only respondents to questions related to project area 3A.
- Opioid prescribing practices may be more important to clinic/practices but not as important to CBO’s, at the same time metrics may be less important to some clinic/practices than they are to CBO’s.
- Questions asked to respondents are interpreted in a way that best supports or is most appropriate to their organization.
- HCA may use the “Potential Follow-up Questions” to interview some respondents to learn more program through a structured interview.
- Deadline for reporting of P4R metrics is the month AFTER the reporting period ends. (I.E. Reporting period January –June 2019 has a reporting deadline of July 2019).
- Reporting dates will be Semi-Annual with January and June being the months reporting ends and begins.
Selecting Quality and Resource Use Measure: A decision guide for community quality collaborative:
6 questions surrounding data and answers to those questions that includes the framework for evaluating and selecting data from various sources. Multiple data sources are available in Part 1 of the report.
ProviderOne update: Enrollment screens will change
Health Care Authority (HCA) is updating ProviderOne as part of regular maintenance. These changes affect the ProviderOne enrollment application and modifications screen used by providers.
Apple Health dental moving to managed care:
The projected costs of the Managed Care Dental Program requires that the Legislature be given the opportunity to enact a budget that provides the funding necessary to implement the program. In order to ensure the Legislature has time to complete its important work, the Health Care Authority’s (HCA) Managed Care Dental Program will not be implemented until July 1, 2019.
Health Insurance Coverage: Early release of estimates for the National Health Interview Survey, January-March 2018:
This report from the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) presents selected estimates of health insurance coverage for the civilian non institutionalized U.S. population based on data from the 2018 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), along with comparable estimates from previous calendar years.
Healthier Washington quarterly webinar series presents rural solutions for health care transformation:
September 24th from Noon to 1 P.M. This presentation will focus on the unique challenges to health care delivery posed by rural and remote conditions, and the opportunities for improvement offered by Washington’s health transformation efforts. (Click title for information on how to register for this webinar).